Monaca Station 57
913 Taylor Avenue
Monaca, PA 15061
Returning the the 5th consecutive year!
Other registration Need-To-Knows
BYOC LAN Admission - $35In order to bring your own PC and truly participate in the LAN, you must purchase a BYOC pass; this covers your physical space, power, and network port. We just need you to get here with your rig and set it up. We can accommodate up to 40 BYOC players.General Admission - $20Grants you access to the event space if you are not bringing a PC. In doing so, you will have access to consoles (ooh, Towerfall. ooh, Goldeneye) D&D, Drawful, tabletop/cards, etc. You will also be able to play audience to ongoing tournaments and any random giveaways or non-PC tournaments that may occur.
(NEW!) Bring Your Badge from last year to get a $5 kitchen voucher!
You Should Bring...
- Computer (Desktop or Laptop)
- Monitor, if needed (Only one, 27" or less so er'body has space)
- All cables & adapters, power, display, networking*, etc.
- Power Strip Plug/Surge Protector
- Headset (no speakers, please!)
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Mousing surface (the tables will not be conducive to mousing!)
- Charger and/or batteries if you have any wireless peripherals
* If, for whatever reason, you do not have a cable/it doesn't work/it isn't long enough, we will have CAT6 on site that we can custom-cut (ensuring proper length). These cables will be $5 for up to fifteen feet and are yours to keep. This makes your life easier. Why?
- it is one less thing to have to remember to pack
- you will not have to make another stop if you forgot to pack one
- you will not have to pay ludicrous retail prices for it
- you will be sure you have the correct length for the event (from your seat).
Also, please ensure that the computer you bring is up-to-date with OS updates, Steam Updates, and any games you plan to play before you arrive. This doesn't only mean more time to play for you, but it also means that bandwidth isn't being hogged by such downloads/installs so that everyone can enjoy high-quality network connectivity and gameplay.
As always, we will have made-to-order food available for purchase at the event. Although our menu changes slightly from year-to-year, you'll always see our usual items. Orders will be able to be made via our Ordering System, which will feature enhancements over last year's version.
Otherwise, there are a handful of restaurants nearby. Our brochures will have a map with that info.
As of 3/28/17, the five hotels near the venue have availability. Rates start at $87 per night and run through $144. Google conveniently lists the available options here. Remember, you may be able to get a better rate with a AAA membership or corporate affiliation. Remember: Hotel rates change all the time, so you may rate ranges may differ from what was posted above. We suggest splitting a room with a friend!
Abyss Gaming shirts will be available for purchase at the event. Buying shirts helps support the LAN and allows it to continue living!
As always, tell your friends! We grow mostly by word of mouth.
Send them our way to check this info out, or just flat out have them tag (or drag them?) along!